Entertainment, Advice, The Average Joe, and of course my own personal woes... What will I talk about? Who knows? I've decided that I need a larger space to record my countless rants. Like to hear it? Here it goes...

Adam Lambert Striving for Attention?

Adam Lambert performed his new single "For Your Entertainment" at this year's American Music Awards. First... I wasn't feeling the song at all. It sounded like bad rendition of 80's Rock. I am not even sure why they let this new-jack perform as if he was an established artist... his damn album hadn't even dropped at the time of the awards.

The entire performance was just gaudy. Clearly he planned to be risqué as an attempt to promote himself and his new album.
Dick Clark Productions censored Lambert's performance for LA viewers, and has managed to completely remove all YouTube videos of his performance. I wonder would it have been such a big deal if he had just kissed the guy on stage, rather than simulating sexual acts as well. Who knows? Is it a form of discrimination... certainly. However, I just think all of his attempts to stand out are a bit overboard.

In his interview with Access Hollywood, he speaks about female artists who have pushed the limits of sex... but that is just it.... IT'S BEEN DONE!!! He will never be Madonna and he doesn't possess the true uniqueness of Lady Gaga. He looks like a cheap morphed version of David Bowie, Boy George, and Annie Lenoxx (Eurythmics) combined. I guess he has managed to accomplish what he wanted... as they say, "There is no such thing as bad publicity," but there is an apparent reason why he LOST American Idol, so perhaps his antics will only continue to be counterproductive.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails