Entertainment, Advice, The Average Joe, and of course my own personal woes... What will I talk about? Who knows? I've decided that I need a larger space to record my countless rants. Like to hear it? Here it goes...

2009 MTV VMAs- Fave Peformances.

While Beyonce's "Single Ladies" (Video of the Year) routine was a crowd pleaser, it didn't steal the show for me. While I was entertained by Beyonce's performance, it was rather reminiscent of each of her performances... glitter and booty poppin. However there were 3 peformances that really embodied entertainment...

1.) Michael Jackson Tribute: feat. Janet Jackson


This was my #1 pick. The entirety of the tribute was great... but Janet reigned supreme as she gave the performance of a lifetime singing "Scream" (duet w/Michael). Watching Janet in action felt like an old school throw back to 1989's "Rhythm Nation." Loved it! This woman is a true entertainer.

2.) Pink - "Sober"

I've always loved Pink because she never conforms to a mold. This was the mark of a true performer. Pink morphed into an acrobat for this trapeze act. She has always had an atheletic build, but who would've thought she could sing and flip around while suspended in the air. This girl is phenomenal.

3.) Last but definitely not least... Lady Gaga - "Paparazzi"

What can I say about Lady Gaga? I'm still trying to figure out this performance, but it was hot. Loved the whole "Carey" like bloody ending. I really don't expect anything less... this is one sick chick and it's grrreattt.

Now while all of these new comers are great... I think we should pay homage to a true queen of performance... The following video is from the 1990 MTV Awards. In my opinion it is hands down the best musical performance during an awards show... esp MTV... Madonna ~ "Vogue"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails