Entertainment, Advice, The Average Joe, and of course my own personal woes... What will I talk about? Who knows? I've decided that I need a larger space to record my countless rants. Like to hear it? Here it goes...

The Real MTV VMA of the Year!!!

While checking out music videos on YouTube, I came across a treasure from Lady Gaga. She has an interesting video for her song, "Paparazzi." I am not much of a fan when it comes to music videos, because very few artists rarely step outside of the box and give us something different. Hell, Beyonce won Video of the Year Award for gyrating her hips, thrusting her pelvis and shaking her ass; much like she does in each of her narcissistic videos. Anyway, back on to Gaga...

Sex, fame, revenge, and murder make for one intriguing and visually stimulating video. Take a look:

On it's face, Gaga's video depicts a stalker, vying for the attention of a star, in hopes of latching onto their fame. However, in my opinion, "Paparazzi" (both the video and the lyrics) takes us through a narrative portrayal of the price of fame by illustrating the intrusive and often damaging nature of the media.

Well, done Ms. Gaga. You're crazy as all hell, but you surely demonstrate what artistic expression is all about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails